terça-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2008

"saudade"


The word “saudade” is typically a Portuguese one and we cannot find a precise term in English to define it. But the feeling is always the same. Wherever, we go “saudade” is connected to “fado” and in all the Portuguese culture, including everything we like.
People always remember their closest friends or family and even their homes, when they are very far away.
We need to be in touch with the person (or persons) we love, when we are very far from them, for a long time.
We miss even the places we know and where we grew up, or something we remember from our youth, but we may also miss what is so near as that we can’t see it.
It’s a very difficult word to define, because we don’t know sometimes, how to explain our own feelings...
- To be lonely is missing someone you are apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you are close in heart.
Some opinions...
- “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you” – Richard Wilbur
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden” – Claudia Ghandi
- “The reasons it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected” – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- “I dropped tear in the ocean. The day find it is the day I will stop missing you” – Author Unknown
- “We only part to meet again” – John Gay
- “Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
- “Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “Missing someone gets easier every day because even though it’s one day further from the last time you saw each other, it’s one day closer to the next time you will” – Author Unknown
And you? What’s your opinion?


Wrote by: Ana Cachucho
Posted by: Isabel Brito da Luz

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

I liked it!!