sexta-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2009

cloning


Cloning, has advantages and disadvantages, as in everything else.
I will appoint some benefits of cloning:
• Cloning human organs allows organ transplants at any time (no need to find donors);
• Cloning technology can replace damaged cells in the degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s;
• Techniques of cloning can be applied to other areas of biological items.
And now I'll name some risks of cloning:
• Clones have a very short period of life;
• Cloning extinct animals is dangerous because they would need to create the DNA itself;
• It may occurs programming errors in the genetic experiences.
I think the Institute Merrick had no ethical behavior, because they are cloning living organisms just to a take out some organs and then kill, this is not ethical!
In my point of view, cloning is an invasion of individuality. Each person has the right to be unique! Because each person has his qualities, his faults, his face...His soul!
The great interest of the institute was, in fact, a question of money. Unfortunately, greed can always win all over values.
I have learned about some aspects of cloning, so I concluded that I am not an adept of cloning, unless it is just done to clone organs in order to cure a disease. Otherwise, I do not agree with cloning! I think it is wrong to clone someone if you don’t have a very strong excuse to do it . Otherwise the world would turn itself in a very monotonous place to live..


written by:
Carolina Maio

posted by: Isabel Brito da Luz

Sem comentários: